Two men and two women are facing a large number of charges after a home invasion and robbery involving a firearm, in north central Regina.
Police were called to a residence on the 1400 block of Garnet Street, just after 6:00 a.m. Monday morning.
Officers learned from the initial call that multiple people had broken into the house and were assaulting a 26-year-old man.
The caller indicated one of the suspects had earlier pointed a firearm at him.
During the call, the caller and dispatcher also heard what sounded like a gunshot.
Several police units responded and were able to safely clear ten people out of the residence.
Twenty-eight year-old Kyle Nicholas Wood, 24 year-old Shania Renee Tataquason , 23 year-old Michelle Goodwill and 25 year-old Drew Austin George, all of Regina, are jointly charged with:
– Armed Robbery using a Firearm, section 344(1)(a.1) CC;
– Break, Enter and Commit Robbery, section 348(1)(b) CC; and
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, section 91(1) CC.
In addition, Drew Austin George is charged with:
– Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon with Ammunition, section 95(1)(b) CC; and
– Discharge Firearm with Intent (to endanger life), section 244.1(A) CC.
Kyle Nicholas Wood is facing the additional charges of:
– Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon with Ammunition, section 95(1)(b) CC;
– Breach of Probation, section 733.191) CC; and
– 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to order, section 117.01(1) CC.
Police say no one was injured in the incident.
All four accused made their first court appearances on Tuesday.