Good news for those who had medical procedures cancelled

Healthcare services delayed because of COVID-19 will start up again next week with the hope being 90 percent of them can be done before the month is over.

Both Premier Scott Moe and Health Minister Paul Merriman made that declaration during Question Period on Wednesday.

In September, the Saskatchewan Health Authority said many cancer treatments, organ transplants and elective procedures were being delayed because of the fourth wave of COVID-19 that needed the attention of healthcare workers.

Moe said this decision was being made due to numbers dropping.

The Saskatchewan Health Authority had said earlier this month that 26,000 surgeries had been put on hold.

 

 

More from Play92