Regina Police have charged a 22-year-old man with ten charges in connection to a pair of incidents involving stolen trucks.
On Saturday morning, police say they were sent to a business on the 3700 block of Quance Street. A stolen red Ford F350 truck was spotted by the vehicle’s owner who saw the driver of the truck go inside a business. The truck’s owner used his other vehicle to try and block the stolen truck the leaving, but the suspect allegedly rammed that vehicle before backing the stolen truck into the business, hitting the vehicle that was trying to block his path before fleeing. Upon doing so, he hit two other vehicles in the parking lot of the business. Later that evening, the truck was located by police. What had been a red truck had been spray-painted silver.
On Sunday, Regina police found the suspect in another stolen black Ford F350. A spike belt was used with the driver abandoning the truck near Fort Street and Dewdney in the Rosemont area of the city. A canine unit eventually tracked the suspect down a few blocks away at a home on the 1400 block of Donald Street.
Police say the suspect was also the subject of outstanding warrants and a suspended driver.
Alexander Giesbrecht is charged with
– 2 X Dangerous Driving [320.13(1) CC];
– Theft of Motor Vehicle [333.1(1) CC];
– Possession of stolen property over $5,000 (black truck) [355(a) CC];
– 2 X Breach of conditions [145(5)(a) CC];
– Possession of stolen property over $5,000 (red truck) [355(a) CC];
– Mischief/Wilful Damage over $5,000 [430(3) CC]; and
– 2 X Hit and Run [320.16(1) CC].
Giesbrecht was in a Regina courtroom Monday morning to answer to the charges.