More ICU patients heading east

The Saskatchewan government says three more people who are currently being treated in the ICU for COVID-19 are going to go to Ontario.

As of Wednesday, the government says six people have been sent to Ontario meaning this will increase the total to nine.

In the release, the government says the out-of-province transfers depend on things like weather, ICU capacity and the clinical assessment and identification of appropriate patients.

Thursday’s update from the government stated there were 76 patients receiving intensive care due to COVID-19 across the province.

The information from the government came hours after an Ontario doctor and some Saskatchewan doctors went to social media to say some transfers had been cancelled.

In a separate release from the government, they responded to these tweets by saying “all other sources like unofficial and unverified social media posts should be disregarded”.

 

 

More from Play92