A 32-year-old Wadena man is facing numerous charges after a traffic stop on Highway 16 near Saskatoon turned into a drug seizure.
On July 22 Saskatoon RCMP pulled a vehicle over, investigation revealed the driver may be involved with drug trafficking.
The vehicle as well as a residence in Wadena, were searched.
Officers seized 262 grams of methamphetamine, 121 grams of heroin, a sum of currency, a handgun, four prohibited gun magazines, drug trafficking packaging, and a cutting agent.
Wadena’s Brett Wilfred Holte has been charged with;
– 2 counts, possession for the purpose of trafficking, Section 5(2), Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
– 6 counts, fail to comply with release order, Section 145(5)(a), Criminal Code
– 1 count, possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, Section 354(1)(a), Criminal Code
– 1 count, unsafe storage of firearm, Section 86(2), Criminal Code
– 3 counts, unauthorized possession of a firearm, Section 92(3)(a), Criminal Code
– 1 count, unlicensed possession of a firearm/prohibited weapon, Section 95(2), Criminal Code
– 5 counts, possess weapon contrary to order, Section 117.01(3), Criminal Code
Holte has been remanded into custody after his first court appearance, and will appear in court once again on Thursday.