Reginans will have an opportunity to safely get rid of hazardous waste in their home during the city’s Household Hazardous Waste Days this weekend.
Residents will be able to bring chemicals, fertilizers, batteries, light bulbs, aerosols and propane tanks from May 28 to 30 at the city’s public works yard located at 2400 Sixth Avenue. The yard will be open Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Due to COVID-19, people are encouraged to line up on Saturday afternoon or Sunday to avoid long line ups. Residents are also being asked to not attend the event if they are feeling ill.
More tips to keep in mind during your visit:
• Please remain in your vehicle at all times.
• Put hazardous waste in the box of your truck or trunks, not in the backseat, to maintain physical distancing when unloading.
• Bring fuel and oil in containers that can be left behind for recycling/disposal.
• Material should be safely sealed in clearly marked containers.
• Containers will not be returned once handled by event staff.
• Garbage, recyclables and electronics are not accepted. In an effort to limit cross-contamination and interactions with event staff, please avoid bringing these materials.
• Tires will not be accepted.
• Commercial loads are not permitted.
If residents are not sure where items should go, they can use the city’s Waste Wizard online tool to find out how to safely dispose of items. More details are on the city of Regina’s website.