A Regina man is facing several charges in connection to the possession of several firearms in his vehicle.
Police conducted a traffic stop near the corner of Second Avenue North and Arthur Street in the city’s Regent Park neighbourhood. Police noticed a firearm in the vehicle.
While the suspect was detained for possession of a firearm, police located other firearms and rounds of ammunition inside the vehicle.
30-year-old Faron Bigsky faces a total of 13 charges:
- Careless Storage of a Firearm (X2),
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose,
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon,
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle,
- Possession of a Loaded or Restricted Firearm,
- Tampering With a Serial Number of a Firearm,
– Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (X2),
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000,
- Identity Fraud – Possession of an Identity Document, and
- Fail to Comply with Condition of a Release Order.
Bigsky will make his first court appearance on Monday morning.