The Saskatchewan government is warning the public of a man who was mistakenly released from custody on March 9, 2021 from the Regina Correctional Centre.
In a release from the government on Wednesday, 49-year-old Codie Tobie Cardinal was released from remand after appearing in court in Estevan via video conference. He was released due to “an administrative error” when staff sent information from the Court of Queen’s Bench Office in Estevan to the Regina Correctional Centre.
“Cardinal was meant to remain in remand at the Regina Correctional Centre to appear in the Court of Queen’s Bench in Regina on additional charges for conspiracy to commit a crime,” reads the statement from the government. “The RCMP has been notified. Members of the public are advised to not approach Cardinal.”
Cardinal stands at 5’7″ and weighs 185 lbs. He is bald and has brown eyes. Other physical identifiers include:
- a scar on his middle abdomen;
- Jesus on a cross tattooed in the middle of his torso;
- a tattoo of Jesus’ head on his right upper back;
- the Chinese symbol for earth tattooed on his right upper arm;
- a geisha and the word “chain” tattooed on his right lower arm;
- a full arm sleeve tattoo on his left arm;
- the name “Dailen” tattooed on his right neck.
Any information that could assist in returning Cardinal to custody is to be directed to a local police department or Crime Stoppers.