A 28-year-old Regina man is facing 14 firearms and drug related offences.
Police say the charges stem from the result of search warrants executed last week.
There is also three additional charges from separate investigations.
A search warrant was executed on Wednesday January 20th at East Side Estates.
Through continued investigation a second warrant was executed on January 21st on a
As a result, a loaded handgun and a significant quantity of methamphetamine was seized.
Twenty-eight-year-old Karl Tyrone Lerat faces a total of 17 charges;
- Careless Storage of a Firearm [86(1) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose [88 CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm [92(1) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle [94(1) CC];
- Possession of Prohibited Firearm With Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon Obtained By Commission of Offence [96(1) CC];
- 2 x Possession of Weapon Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- 2 X Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC];
- Breach of Undertaking [145(5)(a) CC];
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine [5(2) CDSA]; and
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000 [355(b) CC]
Lerat was also charged with the following offences resulting from prior investigations;
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 [355(a) CC
– Breach of Undertaking [145(5)(a) CC]; and
– Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC].
The accused makes his first court appearance Thursday in Regina.